What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Columbus
You understand you must safeguard your home. After all, it’sthe haven where your loved ones live and is where you store your belongings. But what kind of home protection is ideal? Determining if you should use 24-hour monitoring is one of the primary considerations you will make. Examine the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Columbus and see what’s ideal for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24/7 monitoring, your home security system links to a third-party monitoring service that is set to act at a moment’s notice. When an entrypoint sensor trips or a smoke detector begins beeping, your monitoring agents get an immediate notification. They quickly take action to verify the alarm and send the applicable emergency professionals.
Conversely, an unmonitored security system doesn’t come with professional support. You might consider this to be self-monitoring, which indicates that if your system is tripped, you must act to get it resolved. This choice is the less expensive alternative, but it also impacts your peace of mind.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Columbus
Here’s a short overview of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having 24-hour support in place is always wise. If you are not on site, asleep, or without access to your cell phone, your residence and its occupants will still be protected.
- Speedier response: Monitoring agents are always ready. They’ll respond quicker to incidents than you can by yourself.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security could qualify you for a homeowners insurance price cut.
- Top-of-the-line equipment and smooth integration: By getting tools, monitoring, and installation from a respected home security provider, you will get access to a fully integrated system with sensors and alarms that may be superior to what you will discover independently.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will pay a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Have to get a professional install: Countless residents would rather have work done by qualified experts, but some DIYers might object.
- Need to sign a contract: You will generally have to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This may be acceptable for many as home security is something you will want long term.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Columbus
Here’s a quick rundown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t have a monitoring fee.
- Install on your own: Do-it-yourselfers might deem this to be a benefit as they can do the installation themselves and avoid an installation charge. Other people might want to go with a professional.
- More Flexibility: You can incorporate equipment whenever you want - and from any manufacturer. Taking that into account, you could find incorporating into a seamless system a challenge.
- Control: There won’t be a third party monitoring your system. If an urgent situation unfolds, it’s up to you to get help.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What if you’ve misplaced your smartphone and don’t receive a security warning? This situation will lead to added stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Requires your complete attention: Due to the fact you are the only one in charge, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you need assistance during the install, you may have to employ a separate service professional. The installation is also likely to take more time.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Columbus
Stay protected at all times with a monitored home security system in Columbus from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home defense system is the best option for you. Call (706) 397-7027 today to speak with our security experts.