Home security cameras can solely be placed as a warning—a sign that notifies burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to tighten your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, the latest security cameras come outfitted with a plethora of tools all built to provide all-encompassing protection for your family. Whether it’s recording functionality and 2-way audio or infrared night vision and fast action motion detection, these features enable you to utilize the most from home security cameras in Columbus.
How To Set Up Your Columbus Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Mounting your security cameras at the perfect spots around your home is the best place to start with home security.. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in high traffic areas like the living room or family room. It’s also a good notion to set a camera pointed at main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to enter through to access the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras work best to provide a clear view of your front door, driveway, and backyard, shed, and other exterior isolated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your front door through a subtle doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your house that aren’t quite as vital to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, placing a camera in the room could impact your privacy. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you desire some type of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Home Security Cameras
Device layout is only the beginning in extracting the most out of home security cameras in Columbus. The features listed below help to optimize security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive instant notifications on your mobile device whenever abnormal activity is sensed. You can also program cameras to automatically start filming when motions are discovered which will add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your video surveillance to capture footage and back up clips to the cloud for easy playback at your convenience.
- 2-way audio: Nearly all of current security cameras have a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to converse with guests with the device. Through your mobile app, you can give the illusion that you’re home or greet your kids as they come home from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, allows for a more comprehensive view of an area. Opt for cameras that have a minimum of 120° coverage or that can pan all the way around for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your security cameras are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that will capture footage of overnight movement.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the opportunity to secure single spots within your living space.. For example, you can program your doorbell camera to alert you of activity taking place on your yard or your driveway and disregard traffic passing or foot traffic.
- App: security app, like ADT Control®, enable you to watch live camera footage, direct cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send timely notifications when the sense unusual motion around your house.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Columbus is more simple. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way audio, your home security system is elevated from merely a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (706) 397-7027 or fill out the form below to get started building your home security and camera system today.