How Will Geofencing In Columbus Enhance A Home Security System?
The latest residential security installations are getting more capable every year. With that being said, it doesn't take much to neglect to do easy security chores like arming your home security, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
What if you never had to worry about these chores ever again? When utilizing geofencing in Columbus, you can just drive off to work and let your home security system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Columbus For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border a set distance from your property, which you can customize within your smartphone app. The technology then uses your mobile device to determine when you go beyond the border and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart implements use to interact with other connected equipment. This innovative approach takes smart home devices further by centralizing all devices onto the same network. You can institute a unique boundary around your house and program particular actions when you move beyond the boundary.
For instance, as soon as you exit your premises, you could program your security system to secure your front and back doors, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to alert your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
These are some of the technologies you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics such as TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can utilize your home’s security system in Columbus. When you download the security app, you are able to do a lot with smart home automation. With just a few taps of the app interface, and you are able to:
● Program schedules: set your smart alarms and cameras to engage at predetermined times. Have your lights start to turn down to signal that it's time for bed, or disarm your alarms when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make specific equipment engage based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to switch on the exhaust fan if a smoke detector is set off. Or illuminate your smart bulb in the hallway if your security camera senses unusual motion in the yard.
● Customize scenes: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that operate in unison. Have your lights turn off, the thermostat go down, and the smart door locks engage at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for movie night with specific lighting and temperature levels.
● Take advantage of geofencing: You may not always remember to enable your alarm when you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing technology and your mobile device, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and put down the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Columbus
Whether you desire extra certainty of a completely secure residence whenever you go to work or you want to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Contact one of our knowledgeable team members today at (706) 397-7027 or complete the form on this page to start designing your perfect security system.