What do you want in a baby monitor in Columbus?
In previous generations of parenting, a baby monitor was quite basic. You place a a device with a built-in microphone on a table next to the sleeping area, transmitting sound to a walkie-talkie-looking receiver. Thankfully, baby monitors now have more options. For example, many monitors now have HD video and 2-way communication. You can even connect your monitors to your home’s wireless signal so you can roam all over the house. The latest baby monitors in Columbus are so elaborate that they resemble interior surveillance systems in both functionality and expense.
Can you swap out a baby monitor for an integrated surveillance system?
Knowing that baby monitors and home defense cameras have many of the same features, you will find numerous residents in Columbus linking their baby's room to their comprehensive home security package. It’s a smart approach -- particularly if you have to innovative Vivint systems -- as your baby monitor will give you access to:
● HD video with low-light capability: Your security camera should have at minimum 1080p high-definition imaging, and infrared LED technology for night vision.
● 2-way communications: Now you don’t need to go into the room to soothe your child back to sleep. A comforting word might be the only thing needed to keep them asleep.
● Motion activation: Even though you can have your camera stay on constantly to keep a close eye on your child, your attention might start to lag. Conversely, if your security camera notices unexpected movements, you can configure it to deliver a message to your mobile device. Perfect if your child silently tries to climb up the crib or if a pet noses into the nursery.
● Video recordings: Most baby monitors aren’t able to save video footage. Now you have the ability to send a brief sample to friends or family members to let them see what a beautiful sleeping baby you have.
● Mobile phone monitor: In lieu of lugging an external monitor with you, you are now able to watch from your smart home mobile app. You could even check in on your child and sitter if you’re able to get a date night.