In the past, the components of your security system were limited to where wires could go. You could forget about positioning a video camera on a desk or controlling your system with a mobile device. But, home security is much different now, and that’s largely due to the emergence of wireless installations. You currently have an array of additional benefits to enjoy -- like remote access, seamless smart devices, and quicker installations. Wireless home security systems in Columbus will defend your home while adding convenience to your life.
What To Consider When Going Wireless
Most importantly, wireless home security systems must have a stable connection to the internet to perform properly. If you have access to fast internet and a quality wireless router, you’re a good candidate for a wireless setup.
If you have concerns about an internet or power outage, look for security systems that have cellular and battery backups available to keep you connected to your monitoring specialists indefinitely.
When you live in an area without reliable cellular or internet access, a wired system will in all probability be a wiser option. Or It might also make more sense from a financial standpoint to go the traditional route if you live in a house that has security wiring already in place.
Perks Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both wired and wireless home security systems in Columbus will boost your property’s protection, which is the main objective in the first place. But, if you like the possibility of having the latest technology, review the perks of wireless:
- Access from any location: Gain access to all the devices in your house from your locking systems to your thermostat from your mobile device using the ADT Control app. You can view footage from cameras, activate your smart lights, and even turn on your alarm if you neglected to do so. If a security event comes up, you are able to have alerts delivered directly to your phone.
- Easy installation and customizing: You won’t have to concern yourself with all the messy wiring, drywall damage, and time-consuming system setups. One of the greatest facets of wireless gadgets is that you are able to put them just about anywhere and in less time. If you wish to update later with other equipment, integrating components into your network is simple.
- Smart home device interaction: Wireless capability makes smart home interactions a possibility with fast, two-way communications. You can set your system to take action in specific circumstances to enhance your security and deter break-ins. For instance, if your exterior video camera discerns unusual disturbances along your home’s perimeter, it is able to instantly prompt your inside lights to engage.
Disadvantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Columbus
Although wireless home security systems in Columbus are known to be dependable, it’s only natural if you have a few reservations about installing one. The following are some of the common sources of concern:
- Battery-operated wireless components could run out of power. While this might be true, your smart components will alert you whenever batteries are getting low.
- Sensors typically should be positioned within a certain distance from your home’s command center. ADT can provide range extenders in various scenarios to increase your versatility.
- Like any computer network, the threat of hacking is relevant. But you are able to take steps to prevent this by using strong passwords, always changing default settings, and selecting a router with an integrated firewall. You should also only employ security devices with encryption of 128-bit or higher.
Ready To Go Wireless? Reach Out To Your Security Experts
Are you ready to reap the benefits of Columbus wireless home security? Call (706) 397-7027 to consult with the security professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will help you design the right package for your home.