If you’re similar to a lot of residents, you want your home to be secure 24/7. but, does a home security system work in Columbus?
The simple answer: yes. But you should pick the most robust system to get the most from your home security. Not only can the alarms and sensors provide excellent security, the modern components give a level of responsiveness and management you might not have thought about previously. By getting home automation, security cameras, and easy-to-use tools through a smartphone app, you will make your time [[easier|simpler] and safer while also saving money on energy expenses.
Let's stop for a minute and explore why a home security system is a great plan for your property.
Necessary Home Security Components
In order to know your Columbus home security system works to its potential, you have to get these essential security devices:
- Window and door sensors: You may find this weird, but many intruders come into your home right through your front door. The other most recurrent entry points are back doors and ground-levelfirst-floor windows. For these practices, door and window sensors are designated the foundation of your security system. When the security system is armed and your door or window sensors are disturbed, the jarring, high-decibel alarm siren will sound and your round-the-clock monitoring professionals will be pinged.
- Touchscreen command center: Get rid of those unresponsive pin pads, as easy-to-use smart screens now run your entire system. These touch screens will also manage your automation, security cameras, and monitoring services.
- smartphone app: The biggest home security system let you control every aspect of your security system through a smartphone app. Now if an alarm or sensor trips, you will see a pop-up text to your smartphone. Also, arm and disarm your alarms anywhere, set smart door locks, arise and lower the thermostat and more.
- Security decals and yard signs: While there is no tech in a yard sign or a window cling, they can warn a potential burglar that your property is safeguarded.
Will A Home Security System Really Protect Your Home In Columbus?
While it could appear like pearl-clutching to install sensors and set-up an app on your phone when you have door locks and chose a nice neighborhood, the studies say that an alarm system can still secure your home. For example, a paper out of Rutger University says that many intruders will actively avoid houses with an alarm system installed. They’ll instead go and break-into a better mark that is left unprotected.
That correlated with stats from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their stats state that most burglarized houses do not use a security system. In fact, unprotected homes are 300% more likely to be broken into than homes that are protected. And while displaying that your property is protected helps prevent break-ins, other things -- like smart lights and doorbell cameras -- can also make your house undesirable to burglars.
Of course, modern home security systems can do much more than buzz an alarm. Nowadays you can add in some needed services that make a home security system safe and secure.
round-the-clock Monitoring Is A Priemer Backup Plan
Does a security system work in Columbus when they don’t use 24-hour monitoring? Relying on a constant vigilance is always the best bet and round-the-clock monitoring from trained experts can make sure the authorities come faster after a triggered alarm.
Monitoring professionals are there to secure your home all day long -- whether you are there or not. If you’re not on site to hear an alarm, your agent will notify you and the authorities after a tripped event occurs. Even if you’re still at home, you can make sure family members and furry companions are safe and accounted for.
Install Similar Monitored Services For Fire, Flood, and Emergency Medical Assistance
When you install your home security system, you can choose to get more than intrusion prevention. equipment like flood detectors, fire alarms, and carbon monoxide detectors can be connected to your overall set-up. If an emergency is found, your components will respond just like your door and window alarms. Then when the high-decibel signal goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring experts are notified, and an alert will come to your smartphone.
You can even get a panic button, which is conveniently connected to you or a family member via a lanyard, bracelet, or clip. If someone you live with is a fall incident or a medical problem, they can just use a two-finger button to call the monitoring team.
Find Security, Responsiveness And Energy Efficiency With Home Automation
The best home automation alarms and cameras give you a tier of control and convenience you’ve never got before. They will make your home more efficient and reactive. And when you link smart devices to your security system, they will also make your house much safer. For instance:
- Put your smart bulbs on a pre-set schedule to make it feel like your house is full when you’re on vacation.
- Have your hall smart bulbs turn on as your doorbell camera sees unusual motion.
- Use geofencing to lock your locks, flip off your smart lights, and turn down the thermostat when you go to work.
- Program customized scenes so you can pre-program your lighting, smart thermostat, sensors, and other equipment with a single touch of a button.
- Or simply check up all your components and control your alarms and cameras with your phone.
Plus, think of the energy you’ll save with smart devices, and you’ll quickly realize how much you need a state-of-the-art security system in Columbus. You will also be able to manage your components with vocal commands when you connect your home security to your favorite smart speaker.
Maintain An Eye On Your House With Smart Cameras
Signs, decals, and outside lights are effective home invasion obstructions, but security cameras will take your security to a higher plane. The worst thing a thief is looking for is to be taped on a security camera as the footage might be used against them in a criminal case. You can install outside, inside, and doorbell cameras, and all will allow you to see live feeds 24-hours a day.
Do you need to see what’s the sound you heard in the back yard? Would you like to greet the kids after school? Has a groceries been delivered yet? All you need is to get the clip from your home security app. You may also get notifications on your mobile device whenever a guest approaches or they detects abnormal motion. Then chat with guests with the 2-way talk feature on your cameras.
How To Custom-Build A Home Security System In Columbus?
Need help to create a home security that works in Columbus? Our ADT agents can custom-build the perfect alarms, automation, and video surveillance that can be incorporated into one affordable package. Contact us today at (706) 397-7027 or fill out the form below.